- Preheat the oven 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, or by hand with a wooden spoon and bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and lemon zest.
- Add the egg, with a spoonful of the flour and beat together until well combined.
- Sieve in the flour and ground almonds and bring together gently to form a ball of dough.
- Take dessertspoonful of the dough and place on the baking tray, press down a little with a fork and sprinkle each cookie with a few chopped almonds. Make sure to leave some space between each cookie.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, when the cookies should be golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.