Halloween Party Food Idea
If you are hosting a Halloween party this year here are a few easy recipe ideas to make your party extra special!
Using a small, sharp knife cut a small, round hole in one side of the top of an apple. Insert a gummy worm inside the hole. Create display of “bad apples” in a wooden bucket.
250g/ 9oz good quality milk Chocolate
50g white chocolate
- Break the chocolate up into a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir once or twice as the chocolate melts.
- Cover a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper. Carefully peel the satsumas. Get as much white pith off as you can, but try not to break the skin.
- Dip each Satsuma into the chocolate. Turn to coat. Using a large spoon to help. Place each fruit on to the tray.
- Drizzle with some melted white chocolate. Leave somewhere cool to set.
Good Quality Sausages
Ketchup or mustard
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Cut a wedge into the end of each cocktail sausage to make a toenail.
2. Cut the tortillas into strips about 4 inches long and 3/4 inch wide. Discard the ends.
3. Soften the strips in the microwave between damp paper towels for 10 to 30 seconds.
4. Roll each sausage in a tortilla strip and secure with a toothpick.
5. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove them from the oven, then fill the toenail with ketchup or mustard. Add an almond for the nail. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
1 package sponge fingers
1 small seedless watermelon
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the entire green rind, exposing the inner white rind.
- Slice off the bottom of the melon to create a flat base that will keep it from rolling. With a toothpick, outline squiggly furrows that resemble the folded surface of a brain.
- Finally, carve narrow channels along the tracings with a sharp paring knife (a parent's job) to expose the pink fruit beneath the rind.
Quick Ghost Cookies
1 packet chocolate chip cookies
Mini chocolate chips
Bulging Eyeball Buns
Insert gummy worms or raisins (for bugs) in ice trays with water and freeze. Insert frozen buggy ice cubes in your bowl of party punch.
Food colouring -- This can match the colour of your punch, or stick out like a sore thumb (Pun intended)
1 rubber band
Add the food colouring to the water, mix, and pour into the glove. Tie it off tightly with the twisty or rubber band. Place on a flat surface (that will catch any drainage) and freeze the glove until it's solid. Remove the glove and place in the punch before serving.